The Environmental Health and Food Safety Division services include:
- Complaint investigations
- Fire, flood, truck wreck, or other 24-hour disaster response
- Food establishment safety inspections, including temporary and special event inspections
- Health education programs and training opportunities
- Licensed childcare establishment sanitation inspections
- Licensing of tattoo artists
- Lodging establishment inspections
- Onsite wastewater treatment inspections, also known as septic system inspections
- Provide water kits for private water supply testing
- Public and semiprivate swimming pool and spa inspections
- Tattooing establishment inspections
Health Education Programs
Free educational programs, information, and training opportunities are available through our Environmental Health and Food Safety Division. A number of speaking topics are available, including additional information about any services offered by the environmental services program.
Basic and advanced level food handlers’ courses are currently offered at the Health Department. Classes are held at the Health Department or may be held onsite upon request, if minimum course requirements can be met. Please call 816-271-4636 for additional information or to schedule.
Schedule a Program
For additional information or to schedule an educational program, email the Health Department.