Planning & zoning reviews and issues permits for the following:
- Fences, hedges and retaining walls
- Public sidewalk use permits
Planning & Zoning also reviews and processes all applications for the Zoning Board of Adjustment, Planning Commission, and Downtown Review Board, including:
- Zoning district changes (“rezoning”)
- Subdivision applications (“platting”)
- Conditional use permits
- Variances & exceptions
- Certificates of appropriateness
Applications and permits can be found online or in the Planning & Zoning office.
Planning & Zoning does not directly issue permits for applications for accessory structures, swimming pools, solar panels, additions, new residences, commercial projects, etc. but permit applications for these projects are reviewed by Planning & Zoning to ensure compliance with Chapters 26 and 31.