FAQ module icon

Frequently Asked Questions

The material in this question and answer series is for your information only. It is not legal advice and is not designed to be used in place of legal advice. You should consult your own attorney for legal advice. The St. Joseph Legal Department provides this series to provide a general summary of procedures concerning violations of city ordinances in the City of St. Joseph, Missouri. It is issued to inform generally, not to advise of specific rights. As with any general information, the answers given here may not specifically apply to you.
How do I qualify for these programs?
The applicant must meet the income guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), which is adjusted yearly. The house must be the primary residence, and you must have lived in the home for at least six months. You also must provide documentation showing ownership of your house (recorded Warranty Deed or Deed of Trust); and have current copies of your 1040 and W-2 forms, and verification of benefits for the past 12 months.

Show All Answers

1. Is any assistance available to make repairs to our home?
2. How do I qualify for these programs?
3. What happens if I qualify?
4. What are the interest rates?
5. What is the Emergency Assistance Program?