FAQ module icon

Frequently Asked Questions

The material in this question and answer series is for your information only. It is not legal advice and is not designed to be used in place of legal advice. You should consult your own attorney for legal advice. The St. Joseph Legal Department provides this series to provide a general summary of procedures concerning violations of city ordinances in the City of St. Joseph, Missouri. It is issued to inform generally, not to advise of specific rights. As with any general information, the answers given here may not specifically apply to you.
How do I contact a City Council member?
The City Clerk’s Office maintains a list of the Mayor and City Council members’ home addresses and telephone numbers. If you would like to find out which Council member represents the district in which you live, please call 816-271-4730. The City of St. Joseph complies fully with Missouri’s open meetings and open records laws.

Show All Answers

1. How do I become more involved in city government?
2. How do I get on the Council's Agenda?
3. What does the City charter say about the City Clerk?
4. How do I contact a City Council member?
5. How do I find out information about public meeting agendas?
6. When are Council meetings held?
7. Are there any rules when attending a Council meeting?
8. What kind of City (government) is St. Joseph?
9. When was the first Council meeting held?
10. What council district do I live in, and who is my district Council member?